Summary | Migration | June Quarter 2014
- In the June quarter of 2014, a total of 72,192 persons arrived in Papua New Guinea from abroad. This was an increase
of 16.0 percent compared to June quarter of 2013
- The June quarter visitor arrivals were 42,396, which represent 16.0 percent decrease compared to June quarter of
2013 which recorded 42,723 persons. Out of this total 15,455 came for employment, 13,285 came for accompanying
business traveler, 6,496 came for holiday and 7,160 came for other specific reasons.
- As usual Australia top the list with highest number of visitors in June quarter of 2014 with 21,500, who gave Australia
as their overseas address, accounting for 50.7 percent of all visitor arrivals. Substantial number of visitors also came
from Philippines (3,639), New Zealand (2,826), China (2,293), and United States of America (1,920).
- Port Moresby remains the major port of entry (by air) for both 2013 and 2014 June quarters with 60,818 and 68,911
respectively. Arrivals to other ports were significantly less or no arrivals at all.
- Finally visitors working in Administration, Executive and Managerial levels accounted for 38.4 percent and 32.5
percent respectively for 2013 and 2014 quarters. Technical and Processional people were the next highest number of
visitors in the June quarter of 2014 (9,580) and 2014 (10,661) respectively.
For more information, CLICK HERE